Voter & Candidate Information
How to Register to Vote
Citizens may register to vote by email
or at the:
Morgan County Clerk and Recorder's Office
231 Ensign St.
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Ph: (970) 542-3521
Voter Registration Requirements
When is the General Municipal Election Held?
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Citizen of the United States
- Reside in Colorado and the City of Fort Morgan for 32 days immediately preceding election
This election is always held on the first Tuesday in November in odd-numbered years. The next election is November 7, 2017.
Initiative, Referendum, & Recall
These are allowable per the City of Fort Morgan's Charter
and any other state statutes. See Article 8 Sections 19-24 in the Fort Morgan Charter for the process that must be followed for one of these actions.
Municipal Election Candidate Requirements
- A registered elector at the time of filing a registered petition
- 18 years of age or older
- All candidates shall reside in the City for one year immediately prior to the date of election; a Councilmember shall reside in the ward from which he or she is elected
- Official election papers and documents are taken out from the City Clerk as early as 90 days prior to the election
- The candidates have 20 days to get the required number of signatures on the nomination petitions
- Mayor candidates need 50 signatures and Councilmember candidates need 20 signatures from their respective wards