Police reports are available by fax from the Fort Morgan Police Department provided you follow a few easy steps.
Police reports can only be released once a completed Records Request Form, a copy of your ID, and required payment are provided to the Fort Morgan Police Department.
Requests are normally processed within three business days from the time of receipt provided that the report requested is completed and approved. Some reports may be delayed due to ongoing investigations or state statute. Juvenile records are a good example of reports that are protected by law and may not be released.
To obtain a police report, please include the following on the Records Request Form:
- Date and time of the incident.
- Type of incident.
- Person or persons involved.
- The type of documents you are requesting.
- If you have the call for service and/or case number, please include this information.
Please provide with the form:
- A copy of your valid picture identification.
- A check or money order for the amount of the report payable to the Fort Morgan Police Department. At this time we do not accept debit or credit cards. Record requests must be paid for before delivery by mail, fax, e-mail or in person. An additional charge of $1 per page faxed may be assessed.