To obtain a copy of a police report, a records request form must be filled out, signed, and submitted to the Police Department before any records can be released. You will be required to show a valid drivers license or identification before the records are released and pay the required fees (check, cash, or money order).
* At this time we do not accept debit or credit cards.
The form may be obtained by the following methods:
In order to provide you with the correct record and/or report, the following information is required:
- The date and location of the incident.
- Type of incident (assault, traffic accident, theft, etc.).
- Names of the parties involved in the incident.
- Call for Service or Case Number, if you have it.
- Which documents of the report you would like to obtain.
- Any other information you have concerning the incident that may help locate the correct report.
Most police reports are available within three business days from receiving the request, providing that the report itself is complete and approved by the officer and his supervisor. Some reports may not be available for release due to ongoing investigations or state statute. Most juvenile records may not be released.
The Fort Morgan Police Department abides by the Colorado Criminal Justice Records Act, to include all applicable Colorado Revised Statutes and Fort Morgan Police Department policies when releasing our criminal justice records.
If you have any questions regarding these procedures, please contact us at (970) 3930 and we will be happy to answer them for you.
Remember - No records can be released unless we receive a completed records request form, copy of ID, and payment.