Economic Development and Marketing
Capital of the Plains
The Economic Development and Marketing Department focuses on
- Promoting productive partnerships
- Streamlining public processes
- Endorsing responsible and critical development
- Managing attraction, retention and expansion of business and industry in the local trade area.
All utilities (i.e., electric, natural gas, water, wastewater, and sanitation) are municipally owned and operated. This local ownership assures residents and businesses prompt and exceptional customer service, as well as some of the most competitive utility rates in the state. In fact, Fort Morgan was named one of Colorado’s 10 most affordable cities in 2015 by the Denver Business Journal.
In conjunction with our Planning and Zoning department the City can answer all development inquiries (e.g., code requirements) and provide services such as utility infrastructure locates. The Economic Development and Marketing Department has access to information on workforce statistics, local industry, and commercial property listings. For example, the labor force numbers over 13,000 with a continually increasing population over the past several years. The wide diversification of local industries ranges from transportation, manufacturing and telecommunications to health care, arts, entertainment and more.
Morgan County offers the highest average annual wage of the six northeastern Colorado counties.
- Fort Morgan Workforce Center, a branch of Colorado’s Department of Labor and Employment, which offers job training, employee recruitment, applicant assessment, and even temporary shared office space for businesses under construction
- East Colorado Small Business Development Center, a branch of the statewide network, which is dedicated to providing a range of confidential consulting services to help new and existing businesses grow and prosper
- Morgan Community College (MCC), which provides a variety of innovative accreditation offerings
- Retail Coach, is a national retail consulting, market research and development firm that helps recruit retail business and develop specific recruitment strategies.
- Colorado’s Office of Economic Development and International Trade, which partners in statewide initiatives, financial programs, and technology platforms to create a positive business climate and encourage sustainable job growth
The City aspires to be the city of choice for ourselves and future generations – beautiful, clean, and safe. We seek to provide services that meet the collective needs of the citizens. This includes actively identifying and seizing all opportunities that will improve the quality of life. Our vision involves accessible and efficient governance that enhances the healthy economic environment of the community. Our diverse community and innovative spirit makes the City of Fort Morgan a top location for new business and real estate development interested in ease of access to multiple transportation options.
We hope you choose Fort Morgan!