The Fort Morgan Police Department has adopted the following set of responsibilities to assure the fulfillment of our mission.
- To identify criminal offenders and criminal activity and where appropriate, to apprehend offenders and participate in subsequent court proceedings;
- To reduce the opportunities for the commission of some crimes through preventive patrol and other measures;
- To aid individuals who are in danger of physical harm;
- To facilitate the movement of people and vehicles;
- To protect constitutional guarantees;
- To resolve conflicts;
- To identify problems that are potentially serious law enforcement or governmental problems;
- To create and maintain a feeling of security in the community;
- To promote and preserve civil order; and
- To provide other services on an emergency basis.
Source: American Bar Association Standards