Special Events


To be a vendor of tangible products at a special event (craft sales, etc.), you must obtain a special events permit from the State of Colorado, Department of Revenue. At an event held within the City limits of Fort Morgan, both City (4.0%) and State (2.9%) sales tax (total of 6.9%) must be charged to all customers and paid to the State of Colorado (Fort Morgan is a state-collected City).

The only permit or license required is the State of Colorado Special Events Permit. Also, the State has a special tax return form that must be used.

Special Events Forms

More Information

More information on special events is available on the State of Colorado, Department of Revenue website.