Records Request

Obtaining a Police Report

To obtain a copy of a police report, a Records Request Form must be completed and submitted to the Fort Morgan Police Department. In addition to completing the form, you will be required to pay the required fees (check, credit card, cash, or money order*).

The form may be obtained by the following methods:

  • Police Reports at the Fort Morgan Police Department
  • In order to provide you with the correct record and/or report, the following information is required:
  • The date and location of the incident.
  • Type of incident (assault, traffic accident, theft, etc.).
  • Names of the parties involved in the incident.
  • Call for Service or Case Number, if available.
  • What documents of the report you would like.
  • Any other information you have concerning the incident that may help locate the correct report.

Most police reports are available within three business days from receiving the request, provided that the report is complete and has passed all approvals. Some reports may not be available for release due to ongoing investigations or state statute. Most juvenile records may not be released.

The Fort Morgan Police Department abides by the Colorado Criminal Justice Records Act, to include all applicable Colorado Revised Statutes and Fort Morgan Police Department policies when releasing criminal justice records.
If you have any questions regarding these procedures, please contact us at (970) 542-3930 and we will be happy to answer your questions.

Remember - No records can be released unless we receive a completed records request form and payment.

Criminal Justice Records Fees

The Fort Morgan Police Department requires that the initial fee for report requests be paid at the time of the request.

If there are further costs, such as additional pages, redaction, or extensive searches, you will be notified of the additional cost. The current fees are available on the following link: Records Request Fees

Open Records Requests - City of Fort Morgan

The Fort Morgan Police Department only processes requests for Criminal Justice Records originating from our agency. If you are requesting records regarding City of Fort Morgan information, please visit the City Clerk's website page.