What is a Parking Violation?
There are several types of parking violations. Below is a list of some of the more common violations:
- Overtime Parking
- Parking in Handicap Zones
- Parking in a No-Parking Zone
- Parking more than 12 inches from the curb
By United States Postal Service
An envelope is attached to the ticket. This envelope is pre-addressed to the Fort Morgan Police Department. You can simply place a check or money order with the yellow copy of the parking ticket in this envelope, add a stamp, and send it to us in the mail.
In PersonBring the yellow copy of the ticket, along with the fine (cash, check, or money order) to the Police Department, located at 901 East Beaver Avenue. The Fort Morgan Police Department is open Monday to Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
At this time, we do not accept debit or credit cards.
I Didn't Pay My Ticket In Time
If you do not get your ticket paid during the 72 hours (or 3 business days), the fine on the ticket will be increased as follows:
- Overtime Parking Violations – the fine will be increased to $20.00;
- Parked in Handicap Zone Violations – the fine will be increased to $60.00;
- All other Parking Violations – the fine will be increased to $35.00.
If this amount is not paid within twenty (20) days of the date of the notice to the registered owner, the parking violation and unpaid fines and fees will be referred to the Municipal Court for further action.